Arrabbiata pasta sauce is a simple recipe for spicy tomato sauce that uses fresh ingredients right from the garden! It is bold in flavour thanks to the combination of chilli and peeled tomatoes with just the right amount of fresh parsley. Sprinkle it with pecorino cheese and you will have a healthy, delicious, vegetarian meal you can enjoy almost any time of the day. But BEWARE, Arrabbiata means “angry” because it’s traditionally enjoyed quite HOT.
????SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
????Share it with your FOODIE friends on FACEBOOK
????Get the recipe on my website
????Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://vincenzosplate.com/
Join my Sydney Cooking Classes: http://www.vincenzosplate.com/cooking-class-in-sydney/
Download my Mobile App https://appsto.re/au/nJ4Pgb.i
Buy Vincenzo’s Plate Apron on: http://www.vincenzosplate.com/product/vincenzos-plate-apron/
????Kg to cups converter: http://www.convertunits.com/from/kilo+g/to/cup+[US]
2-4 hot chilli’s (depending on how hot you can handle it!)
2 x garlic cloves
Parsley (chopped finely)
500g Busiati Trapanesi
800g (28.22oz) peeled tomatoes
Grated pecorino cheese
Salt and Pepper
Stainless steel masher
1. Put a large pot with 5L water on the stove so the water starts to boil in preparation for the pasta to boil.
2. Place a wide pan on medium heat and add 2-3 generous tablespoons of EVOO to it.
3. Crush 2 x cloves of garlic and add them to the pan, before mixing the most important ingredient to our pasta all’arrabbiata: finely chopped chilli to the pan too.
4. Mix this through well, dropping it to a lower temperature if it is getting too hot!
5. Put the peeled tomatoes into a large mixing bowl, and using your stainless steel masher, break down the tomatoes, so you are left with a thick, rich puree.
6. Add salt and pepper to the tomatoes and mix it through well.
7. Once the garlic and chilli have simmered for a couple of minutes, add the tomato puree for your pasta all’arrabbiata and mix it through well.
8. Leave the sauce on a medium heat for 15 minutes, mixing it every now and then.
9. The water should have boiled by now, so after you’ve added a small handful of rock sale – and while waiting for the sauce – add the Busiati Trapanesi and leave to cook until al-dente, for approximately 12 minutes.
9. A couple of minutes before the Arrabbiata sauce is ready, add the chopped parsley and break up some fresh basil and drop it in.
10. Strain the pasta and add it to the pan while it is still on the stove, lathering it completely in the sauce.
VINCENZO’S PLATE: Add a small amount of the boiling water to the sauce to help it spread all over the pasta.
11. Sprinkle grated pecorino cheese all over the pasta all’arrabbiata, then mix it through.
How to serve:
Serve up a few delicious scoops of pasta on to a flat plate and sprinkle some pecorino cheese over the top along with some fresh parsley.
Add a small parsley or basil leaf to the centre – and a small chilli too for decoration if your guest likes it extra spicy.
E ora si mangia….Vincenzo’s Plate! Enjoy!
Please Support My YouTube Channel via Patreon! (Help me to create more content)
????LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vincenzosplate/
????FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vincenzosplate https://www.instagram.com/vincenzosplate/
????Join my Small Group Private Italian Tour and discover the secret gems of Italy with me. Check out the itinerary and make sure you book asap (Only 10 spots available) http://www.vincenzosplate.com/italy-unexplored-itinerary/
Check out these PLAYLISTS:
????COOKING WITH MY FAMILY: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwrH1iB-tbepayGhQ6bwS202IgFm8uwV
????PIZZA RECIPES: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwrH1iB-tbcFaTg-8vUbJ8fAOYEWaXLL
????MAIN COURSE RECIPES: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwrH1iB-tbf_mrFYE8bvpUHZ-tKPzdou
????DESSERT RECIPES: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJwrH1iB-tbfFsjUKcj3iEo6JmPxDIMQ6
✔LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT on my videos please. It really means a lot to me.
???? #VincenzosPlate is a YouTube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own #kitchen whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#italianrecipes #italianfood #italiancuisine #bestcookingchannels #foodchannel